[sldev] 3rd party viewer policy post on blogs.secondlife.com

Gordon Wendt GordonWendt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 17:49:15 PDT 2009

I never got the email but from what was quoted in blog comments I too am
concerned about LL essentially forbidding residents from using secure
communication methods which seems exactly the opposite of what they should
be encouraging. I think it may have been Zimmernan who said it first
(although a lot of people mistakenly attribute it to Schneier) "If
encryption is allowed only outlaws will have encryption)

@Ann, I didn't mean to put words on your mouth but the first part of your
first comment on the blog says a lot, if you want to continue this argument
I'd be happy to continue off-list since as you said it's off-topic, you have
my email address.

-Gordon