[sldev] A thought on how to lower resources used by sensors

malachi at tamzap.com malachi at tamzap.com
Mon May 18 13:31:08 PDT 2009

Kelly,

what privacy issues are you speaking of.. because as it stands agents are already using sim crippling scanner probes that report the entire list of keys in a region even to the point of upto 100,000m in altitude. and the lag produced by these probes is horrible.if there is a privacy issue then its already been violated by the standard llSensor calls. i was only suggesting a way to help bring resource use down by implementing a call to the server to get the list of agent keys in the region eliminating the need for probes flying all over the sim to get data that is already there.

i understand that people dont want to be seen on sensors because they are afraid they may be attacked by griefers using the technology. but we already have the ability to find them on the sim no matter where they are hidden... the only fault in it as it is is that is crushes sim resources and makes the general experience for the regions users less than acceptable.

my post was ment only to see if any linden or other developer was intrested in helping cure the grid of these lag monsters.

regards,
mal