[sldev] CMakePorts

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Thu Mar 5 22:28:57 PST 2009

Hi Philip,

I've assumed what you're envisioning is a sort of Gentoo emerge/FreeBSD
ports type system (hence the name "ports") for Windows , layered on top
of CMake, such that there's a standard set of build commands and
dependency resolution system.

Do I have the ultimate vision roughly right?  It sounds like a bit of a
stretch from the core purpose of CMake, but not a wild stretch.

Rob