[sldev] RLV breakage, derivative works, and non-GPL patches

danteferret at gmail.com danteferret at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 01:44:44 PDT 2009

On Jun 27, 2009 4:31pm, Aidan Thornton <makosoft at googlemail.com> wrote:

> [1] http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2009/03/rlv-license.html -

> forbids modification, distribution of the SL source code with the

> patch applied, distribution of binaries that contain both the patch

> and any other major changes compared to the official viewer, and sale.

> Each of these restrictions is GPL-incompatible.

When I read this on here it surprised me. Enough to go "Wow that's so
blatantly against the gpl, how are they getting away with it?". So I looked
at the page. And.. that's not what it says at all! It could not even
remotely be interpreted to say that. As some random third party, normally I
wouldn't reply. But that's just rude to post such lies here in public. You
obviously have some hidden agenda, and are trying to make it look bad.