[ProbableSpam] Re: [sldev] slviewer on PLAYSTATION3

Takeshich Nakamura takeshich.nakamura at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 01:50:10 PST 2009

Mike Monkowski <monkowsk at watson.ibm.com>さん:
> > (II) FBDEV(0): hardware: ps3fb (video memory: 18240kB)
>
> In indra/llwindow/llwindowsdl.cpp you will find:
>
> 362                   if (0 == rtn)
> 363                   {
> 364                           fp = fopen(fname.c_str(), "r");
> 365                           if (fp)
> 366                           {
> 367                                   rtn = x11_detect_VRAM_kb_fp(fp, ":
> Memory: ");
> 368                                   fclose(fp);
> 369                           }
> 370                   }
>
> Copy this code in the source and paste another copy right after it,
> changing the line inside the if statement to
> rtn = x11_detect_VRAM_kb_fp(fp, "video memory: ");
> This will allow it to get the correct setting for video memory.

I tried to change source and compiled.
but, not able to get the correct setting for video memory.

2009-01-31T04:04:43Z WARNING: LLViewerImageList::getMaxVideoRamSetting: VRAM amount not detected, defaulting to 128 MB
2009-01-31T04:04:43Z WARNING: LLViewerImageList::getMaxVideoRamSetting: VRAM amount not detected, defaulting to 512 MB

I don't know why.

> >>Is it possible to do a debug build so that the stack trace shows the
> >>line where it crashed?
> >

> > To my regret I don't know how to do a debug.
> > Could you teach me the way of the debugging?
>
> It's a parameter to CMake, but I do not know the Linux parameters.  Are
> there any Linux builders reading this that could help?

I not only tried to do a debug build(viewer) but also I tried to do a debug build(mesa cell driver).

According to the message of mesa cell driver,

Mesa: Mesa 7.3-rc2 DEBUG build Jan 31 2009 11:42:46
Mesa warning: couldn't open libtxc_dxtn.so, software DXTn compression/decompression unavailable
cell_texture.c:479:cell_surface_map: Assertion `0' failed.

in this case,I think it is bug of mesa cell driver.

Takeshich Nakamura
takeshich.nakamura at gmail.com