[sldev] develop.py: couldn't find DirectX SDK includes building FMOD audio

Lear Cale lear.cale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 14:00:32 PST 2009

I get the following running develop.py.

C:\BUILD\SL\linden\indra>python develop.py -G VC80
Running 'cmake -G "Visual Studio 8 2005" -DSTANDALO
OL=FALSE "" "C:\\BUILD\\SL\\linden\\indra"' in 'bui
-- Check for working C compiler: cl
-- Check for working C compiler: cl -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: cl
-- Check for working CXX compiler: cl -- works
-- Building with FMOD audio support
CMake Error: Could not find DirectX SDK Include

Visual Studio "Tools -> Options -> VC++ directories -> Include Files" has
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (December 2006)\Include" in it,
added using the browser so there's no chance of a typo on the path name.

I had a later version installed, so I uninstalled it and installed the 2006
since that's the version mentioned in the Wiki; did this before trying to
run develop.py.

Any clue what might be wrong?

Thanks!