[ProbableSpam] Re: [sldev] slviewer on PLAYSTATION3

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Thu Jan 22 06:40:03 PST 2009

Takeshich Nakamura wrote:
> (II) FBDEV(0): hardware: ps3fb (video memory: 18240kB)

In indra/llwindow/llwindowsdl.cpp you will find:

362 	                if (0 == rtn)
363 	                {
364 	                        fp = fopen(fname.c_str(), "r");
365 	                        if (fp)
366 	                        {
367 	                                rtn = x11_detect_VRAM_kb_fp(fp, ":
Memory: ");
368 	                                fclose(fp);
369 	                        }
370 	                }

Copy this code in the source and paste another copy right after it,
changing the line inside the if statement to
rtn = x11_detect_VRAM_kb_fp(fp, "video memory: ");
This will allow it to get the correct setting for video memory.

>>Is it possible to do a debug build so that the stack trace shows the
>>line where it crashed?
>

> To my regret I don't know how to do a debug.
> Could you teach me the way of the debugging?

It's a parameter to CMake, but I do not know the Linux parameters.  Are
there any Linux builders reading this that could help?

Mike