[sldev] Proposal for Extending the number of attachments perattachment point.

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Mon Jan 19 10:29:02 PST 2009

On 1/19/09 7:01 AM, Carlo Wood wrote:
> I'm hoping on some more or less official statement from a Linden.
> Also, I think that some brainstorming is needed before this proposal
> is ready to be submitted to JIRA.

Hi Carlo,

Hmmm....I looked through it, and I'm not sure what to do here.  Given
that this is a pretty significant user interface change, it would
probably be good to float your proposal on the
sl-ux at lists.secondlife.com.  Getting it into JIRA is also good.

For those that lost track of the original proposal, here it is:
https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev/2009-January/012624.html

My personal unofficial take is that this looks pretty complicated for a
general purpose feature, and given that associating bits with objects is
involved, is going to be a tough sell.  It could just be that the
proposal writeup is more complicated than the actual feature.  Some UI
mockups (e.g. a fake screenshot or two) that show how this would work
would greatly simplify everyone's evaluation of this.

That said, I get annoyed when I change outfits and have to reattach HUDs
and my no copy glasses, and my reading of your proposal is to tackle
that issue, which makes me happy.

Rob