[sldev] Reminder: RFP for build system improvements

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Tue Jan 6 08:20:49 PST 2009

Hi everyone,

A reminder: responses to the RFP for build system improvements
(VWR-11114) are due by Monday morning (January 12).  Details here:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-11114

...and in the (corrected) email below.

Rob
-------- (Corrected) Original Message --------
Subject: 	[sldev] RFP for build system improvements
Date: 	Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:45:06 -0800
From: 	Rob Lanphier <robla at lindenlab.com>

Hi folks,

I just posted an RFP soliciting contractor bids to address our build
system woes.

The full RFP is available here:
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-11114

Direct link to the PDF:
http://jira.secondlife.com/secure/attachment/20945/Build_Tool_RFP_2008-12-17.pdf

Here's the intro:
> This is a request for proposals to implement a series of small changes
> to be made to our  build configuration process, all of which will help
> in reducing the number of steps needed  to compile a viewer. A primary
> goal is to make development on each supported platform  as native and
> streamlined as possible. Please keep this in mind as you prepare your
> response and implement your solution.
>
> Developers currently have a difficult time building Second Life from
> our provided source  code. This affects hobbyists who might want to
> fix bugs that annoy them, contract developers that we want deep
> collaboration with, hardware makers we want to collaborate with
> bugfixes on, and any other company or individual that wants to
> innovate on the platform.
>
> Linden Lab is therefore soliciting proposals for organizations or
> individuals that wish to address these issues under the auspices of a
> paid contract.
> Deadline for responses: January 12, 2008, 9am PST

Please address RFP responses via email to me.

Thanks!
Rob