[sldev] Question: Replacing current group chat with XMPP?

Edward Artaud edward.artaud at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 14:39:26 PDT 2008

Having built these types of group chat systems in the past, at a
certain point, they tend to move to a pull model of polling a chat
history rather than the push message propagation model, so that the
client can basically ask the server to deliver to it the new chat
events posted since the last poll time.  After all, there's a reason
why there's a limit to the number of agents you can have in a single
region, the problem with groups is that they often have an order of
magnitude more members.