[sldev] Question: Replacing current group chat with XMPP?

Edward Artaud edward.artaud at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 14:10:15 PDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Lawson English <lenglish5 at cox.net> wrote:
> Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>>
>> I'm talking about providing that kind of XMPP gateway, of the same kind as
>> the Vivox gateway that they have implemented.
>>

> All of this will become MUCH easier once OGP is further along. IOW, the
> faster OGP is debugged and implemented in beta, the faster it can be brought
> back to the main grid (even if TP isn't enabled, there are plenty of other
> potential wins with the AD/RD architecture).

I'm not sure OGP really has to figure into this.  I think the point is
that the Vivox integration doesn't seem to use OGP, which implies that
OGP isn't on the critical path to getting an XMPP gateway implemented
the same way.  Since the idea of parallel chat networks seems to be
officially blessed, it would be good to take it the small incremental
step to add XMPP.

Ed