[sldev] [VWR] Cmake standalone build issues

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at lindenlab.com
Wed Sep 3 11:26:40 PDT 2008

Hi, Robin -

Thanks for bringing these up.

> 1) The Viewer source is HARD depending on the artwork.

> http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-8885

I've assigned this to myself, and will fix it tomorrow.

> 2) glh/glh_linear.h
>
> This has again moved and is now included with the downloaded libs at the
> start of the cmake process. This is not helpful when building
> standalone. The header is not included anywhere else and does not appear
> to be used by any other packages i can find within debain for example so
> i really think this should included with the viewer source not appended
> as a lib.

Fair enough. Can you file a VWR against this, please?

> 3) Ability to rename binary
>
> The binary is hard coded to secondlife-bin this could do with being
> override able from the build options, due to the old trademark issues.

No problem. Again, filing a bug will help to have this not fall through the
cracks.

> 4) Install
>
> The only way i can see to achieve this is to patch the build system as
> cmake will not respect the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX if the locations are an
> absolute path.

This is something you'll want to bring up with the CMake developers, since I
know nothing about their install process. If there are any changes needed on
our side, please file a bug with a patch and I'll incorporate it.