[sldev] [IDEA] A new data structure for SL database servers (3)

Yuri Pankratov ypankrat at meralabs.com
Thu Oct 2 08:56:30 PDT 2008

> CAIDA has had Walrus out for years

Indeed. But my post was not about Walrus or any other CAIDA production at
all...it was about the "Metrized Small World" data structure.

> I seriously doubt Secondlife data can be coerced into an directed graph
> structure at the moment. Perhaps parts.

Why do you think it is imposible? Is there some fundamental obstacle that
prevents SL data from being stored in XML format??? I'd like to hear your
argumentation.

> Nor does a traversed graph structure lend itself to high performance.

I disargee with you on that part. The data strcuture I am talking about can
be as effective as distributed hash tables. And again, you provide no
argumentation.