[sldev] [HELP] CMake Error Could NOT find CURL

Roberto Cezar Bianchini robertodevelop at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 15:33:00 PST 2008

Hi, this is my first message to the list. I've searched the archives and I
couldn't find any information about my build error. My system is Ubuntu
8.10.

I've managed to build a previous version (1.20.15 I think) of the client,
one that doesn't use CMake, but when I tried the newest release that uses
CMake, there was one error. I tried stand alone process after reading some
informations on the "Compiling standalone builds on Linux
Ubuntu<http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Talk:CMake>"
but it's not working. Does any one can help me out with this problem and,
although there's no newer information on Open Source portal, has anyone
built the client on Ubuntu 8.10?

Thanks

Roberto

 ./develop.py --standalone
Running 'CXX=\'g++-4.1\' cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=RELWITHDEBINFO -G
\'Unix Makefiles\' -DSERVER:BOOL=FALSE -DVIEWER:BOOL=TRUE
-DSTANDALONE:BOOL=TRUE -DUNATTENDED:BOOL=FALSE ""
\'/home/roberto/SINBA/CMakeVersion/linden/indra\'' in 'viewer-linux-i686'
CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:52
(MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find CURL
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindCURL.cmake:19
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  cmake/CURL.cmake:8 (include)
  cmake/LLMessage.cmake:4 (include)
  llaudio/CMakeLists.txt:10 (include)

-- Configuring done
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./develop.py", line 676, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "./develop.py", line 646, in main
    setup.run_cmake()
  File "./develop.py", line 156, in run_cmake
    self.run(cmd, 'cmake')
  File "./develop.py", line 136, in run
    (name, event, status))
__main__.CommandError: the command 'cmake' exited with status 1