[sldev] Changes to eliminate storage wasted by single-use, temporary assets.

Soft soft at lindenlab.com
Thu May 29 21:30:20 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Argent Stonecutter
<secret.argent at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2008-05-29, at 12:08, Joshua Bell wrote:
>>
>> This is what's internally known as "single reference attachments" work...
>> I thought it had some mention on sldev, but I'm not finding it now.
>
> Cool.
>
> Can you get it so that when you remove an attachment by replacing it with
> another from inventory, the attachment state gets reliably saved? Right now,
> if I change an attachment state I have to stop and detach and reattach it
> because I've had state changes lost when I selected "replace outfit" on a
> folder.

The problem has been that rewearing an already-worn attachment would
discard modifications to the attachment. This is supposed to be fixed
in 1.20. If you can still make it happen, it's worth a JIRA with the
repro steps -- the dev who fixed it may not be reading this list.