[sldev] Filing issues about Windlight-related peformance degradation (Re: branches/shadow-draft missing llrender.cpp)

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Wed May 28 15:54:38 PDT 2008

On 5/28/08 2:13 PM, Matthew Dowd wrote:
> An illustration of that perceptual gap is WL performance - LL seem
> clearly convinced that WL performance is as good as if not better than
> pre-WL performance on the same hardware with the same quality settings
> and the new stuff switched off. Outside of LL, many people seem fairly
> convinced of the opposite! That some of the examples now coming to
> light on this list haven't done so before is probably due to fear that
> any such reports would be dismissed on the basis the reporter should
> just upgrade their hardware (or possibly reports *have* been so
> dismissed).

Ok, so I think we all agree that reporting Windlight-related peformance
degradations is a good thing.

Have any of the issues we've discussed in this thread been put into JIRA
yet?  If so, what are the version numbers?  I'd like to make sure that
we not only get them put into JIRA, but that we have a discussion about
what constitutes a bug report in this area versus one that might get
marked "resolved/need more info".

Rob