[sldev] Re: A patch to allow creation of megaprims from within the viewer

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed May 14 21:57:28 PDT 2008

On 2008-05-14, at 21:46, Dale Mahalko wrote:
> If prims over 5 meter radius are permitted, it cause these oversize
> prims near the edge of the sim seem to go "missing" from the physics
> of the neighbor. A 20x20x20 cube that is 9.5 meters from the neighbor
> is not processed as a physical object in the neighbor sim because it
> is more than 5 meters from the sim border. But it visually seems to
> overhang 10.5 meters into the neighbor sim. It seems the prim could be
> walked through in the neighbor sim but not in the actual sim where it
> is actually located.

This is, at this time, a non-issue.

Whether this was ever handled differently, that's not how it's been
handled for at least 2 1/2 years. Rather, if an object's root prim is
in another sim, it is phantom in the sim you're in, regardless of the
size of the object or how far into the other sim it exists.

This has been the way things have worked as long as I recall, back to
2005: in early 2006, when I was building the Coonspiracy in Noonkkot
and Sinaburoe, I was using invisible dummy prims to make walls and
bridges work right across the sim border.