[sldev] Re: Font Corruption in 1.20RC5,Need download links for previous linux builds.

Ryan Williams (Which) rdw at lindenlab.com
Tue May 6 14:02:17 PDT 2008

Kamilion wrote:
> Okay, this is really getting annoying.
> I'm trying to log in with RC2, but no matter what I do, I keep getting
> the Download/Quit msgbox.
>
> I've tried:
> ./secondlife --channel rc5isbroken
> ./secondlife --channel "rc5isbroken"
> ./secondlife --channel=rc5isbroken
> ./secondlife --channel="rc5isbroken"
>
> What am I missing here? Does --channel simply not work on linux?

Hmmm... that would be bad.  Alternatively you could try -channel (single
dash was the oldschool nasty way).  Or stick the argument in gridargs.txt.

I believe it prints out the command-line arguments in the logs as it
starts up, so that would be a good way to confirm that it's reading the
right thing.

-RYaN

(cc-ing sldev, sorry for the dupe kamilion)