[sldev] Your Feedback Wanted on Search Flagging !

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat May 3 12:38:17 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 21:44 +0000, Matthew Dowd wrote:
> > If it gets more than X flags, then it gets
> > automatically taken down, and it still goes to a human review team.
>
> All you need is a co-ordinated group of X+1 people determined to
> remove say anyone selling sculpties (or a more realistic prejudice),
> for them to at least temporarily get sites removed. Effectively, such
> an approach is a "guilty until proven innocent" one.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm considering. Which is why I'm proposing a
quick-reacting review team that will detect such abuse, put the listing
back up, whitelist it against further abuse, and punish the abusers.
Such as removing their tagging privileges for N months.

If you have a better idea, feel free to propose it. "x sucks" is not
productive. "x sucks, how about y instead?" is productive.