[sldev] Plotting Data on SLURL

Harold Brown labrat.hb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:40:37 PDT 2008

[[  Forgot to send to list ]]

Is there any further word on updates to the mapAPI system?

As of right now not all regions can be displayed, nor are the tile
sets exactly the freshest the further you zoom out.

I have my own API wrapper made for OpenLayers (
http://www.openlayers.org ), using my custom TML service that uses the
SL backend (with some small issues).   The wrapper is fairly complete,
but I haven't continued work as I don't know what direction LL will be
going with the mapAPI system.

You can view a demo of the wrapper at:
http://www.mysldev.com/OpenLayer/oslurl.html

The Region Names are a virtual TML service that generates an image
dynamically for the region name.