[sldev] Help compiling the Viewer (could not deduce

Stefano Crosta (scrosta) scrosta at cisco.com
Thu Oct 11 07:46:21 PDT 2007

No problem. In this case the difference is subtle.
If there's enough people using Vista and having issues building under
Vista it might make sense to actually just create the
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_Issues_with_Vista and have
specific sub-pages for MSVS9,8,7,6 etc. (and keep the actual one where
it is).

Any interest in that? Otherwise I'll just move the page to
Compiling_Issues_with_Vista_and_MSVS2008.
Please let me know. Unicast will do if you don't want to have this
conversation on SLDEV.

Concerning the issue, I'm really clueless, all I could understand is the
page on the wiki; the compiler gets lost in a template resolution for
the operator == comparing the two iterator types which are a
deque<LLMessageThrottle> inside the search_n template-based function.
I am now try re-compiling with the more supported VC8.

stefano