[sldev] CAPTCHA to validate land sales.

Taran Rampersad cnd at knowprose.com
Wed Oct 3 09:27:12 PDT 2007

Dale Glass wrote:

> I'm sure it will, what I'm asking here, do we really need to defeat
> them?
>
> Now that it's pretty much impossible to set land for sale accidentally,
> why do we need to stop bots from buying land?

http://www.your2ndplace.com/node/578
http://www.your2ndplace.com/node/615

While those who have voice here probably do not see these matters as
important, the user base does.

Read some of the comments:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?2ndlife&1

93 signatures in about a week.

Bots really aren't the issue as much as bot owners who capitalize on
mistakes/glitches (yes, glitches, I've seen them firsthand) and poor
documentation regarding the interface. I even wrote an ebook about it. O.o

On the way to Suriname. Later.

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
cnd at knowprose.com

Looking for contracts/work!
http://www.knowprose.com/node/9786

New!: http://www.OpenDepth.com