[sldev] [PROTOCOL] Protocol Documentation

dirk husemann hud at zurich.ibm.com
Wed Oct 3 06:40:33 PDT 2007

Argent Stonecutter wrote:
> On 02-Oct-2007, at 22:57, Jason Giglio wrote:
>> Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>>> OK, that conversation strikes at the very heart of the distinction
>>> between "Open Source" and "Open Systems".
>
>> Be patient.  Projects like libsl and opensim will "keep LL honest".
>
> Like Samba does for Microsoft? Andrew's not forcing Microsoft to
> follow their specs, he's chasing their changes.
hmm...i think by opening up the discussion about the future architecture
and by starting an architecture working group, LL is showing a
substantial amount of openess --- and i trust them that they are dead
serious about this. so, in the long run we will have public specs that
were developed in the open.

...and the long run has just started.

--
dr dirk husemann, pervasive computing, ibm zurich research lab
--- hud at zurich.ibm.com --- +41 44 724 8573 --- SL: dr scofield