[sldev] Heads up - we're working on CMake

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Fri Nov 30 12:03:22 PST 2007

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> As a proof of concept, we have internal
> builds of the Linux and Windows viewer and servers running with CMake,
> with a Mac build underway.

Bryan,
     When CMake is officially adopted, will there be a single set of
CMakeList configuration files used to build internally as well as open
source or will there be two sets?

     Given the pain endured making VS2005 project files from VS2003
project files for every source code release, wouldn't it be easier for
us to hack a set of CMakeList files once from your set?  I think it
would be a lot easier to maintain CMakeList files than to maintain MS
project files.

     I don't understand why you don't want to publish your set.  Could
you explain a little more.

Mike