[sldev] [POLICY] Development by consensus (Re: Question regarding upcoming maintenance on 11/27-11/28)

Ryan McDougall ryan at ngigroup.com
Mon Nov 26 17:47:27 PST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 10:05 -0700, Lawson English wrote:

> You're a member of AW Groupies, right? You spend time chatting face to
> face with Which, Donovan, Zero, etc., inworld? You contribute to the AW
> Groupies group where those and other Lindens are usually lurking every
> day, sometimes even on weekends and often jump in with info, or
> sometimes [once at least] even two hour-long one-on-one private
> debugging sessions?
>
> If not, then how can you or anyone else complain that no-one is
> listening or paying attention to resident input?
>

> Lwason

Many of us live in time zones outside west-coast US. For me office hours
are literally impossible. Moreover they don't scale well to a large
number of participants.

Models of successful open source projects already exist. There is no
need to do anything except emulate their current and on-going success.

The lack of true community input means that corporations especially are
just going to by-pass the LL viewer entirely. The market is young enough
that re-inventing the viewer its not a serious problem.

Cheers,