[sldev] [VWR] Artwork licence

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 02:08:32 PST 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 6:56 AM, Rob Lanphier <robla at lindenlab.com> wrote:
> There's no reason in principle /that I'm aware of/ that we can't update
> to by CC-sa 3.0.  However, I haven't done a detailed review of the delta
> between the licenses.

I have sent it on to licensing as well now and had the automated
reply, so its queued (#1038932)

Thanks for looking at this, I think things will be so much easier with
people such as your self who understand the issues able to table them
internally.

> Based on your November 13 email, the trademark issue is being tracked in
> our internal JIRA as ND-5414.  There's been some internal discussion
> earlier this week, but I don't have an ETA for an answer.

> I'm very interested in what they eventually settle on, because while
> some Debian developers have been extremely critical of the trademark
> policies of Mozilla Foundation, they themselves don't yet offer and
> example of a better way.

I think the discussions *need* to involve people such as Debian legal
and other legal teams from other distros. I think we are in a good
position where all sides can negotiate and find hopefully an agreement
here.

Not sure the best way to organize this?

I agree the Trademark issue is difficult but lets just remember that
our goals are compatible here. I (and others) are attempting to
package the viewer up so its available to a wider audience (and
perhapses fix some bugs along the way). LL want more users -> more
potential premium accounts and or money coming in world etc - ???? -
profit! . Please let us demonstrate how an open-source/commercial
project can work together and not fight over silly issues :-)

Best regards

Robin