[sldev] [META] "Sandbox:" namespace on the wiki?

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Mon Nov 12 08:37:48 PST 2007

Lawson English wrote:
> As it stands, we have two namespaces: AWG and AW Groupies. I see no
> reason for a 3rd namespace. AW Groupies was formed to be an in-world
> group to discuss the AWG, and our stuff goes all over the place,
> including topics directly relevant to the AWG.
>
> As I said before, when AWG and AW Groupies topics are fully aligned,
> and the material is deemed concrete enough, then the AWG tag can get
> added to said material. If not, then the AW Groupies namespace is
> already the "sandbox" namespace for technical discussions. No need for
> a new namespace.

If we choose AWG as the one and only new namespace, it would not hold
content that just does not fall within the scope of the AWG.  That would
mean another namespace beside the AWG must be created for all other content.

What is there to suggest for a single interoperable namespace?

I think if Mediawiki was able to share history across wikis much like a
"svn copy"... it would solve this! =)

--
Power to Change the Void