[sldev] Browser in Secondlife Viewer

Tao Takashi tao.takashi at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 9 01:34:12 PST 2007

2007/11/9, Tateru Nino <tateru.nino at gmail.com>:
> Heck, on the morning the OnRez viewer was released I was able to blog
> about it - from within the OnRez viewer itself. That was actually quite
> a cool feeling.

I actually think that it's a great thing to have and I was also proposing
this here and there as some sort of start to get HTML inside SL. For many
use cases a simple browser window is actually enough, like for most
llLoadURL() calls. It is not such a media break as it's if you switch to
Firefox. So kudo to ESC to showcase this and to publish the code (while I
don't really get why it's not open source, that's so old school to me ;-)
One reason though might of course be the management overhead).

Anyway, great to see some move in this area.

taotakashi at gmail.com

RL: Christian Scholz, cs at comlounge.net

IRC: MrTopf/Tao_T