[Slrl] [sldev] Browser in Secondlife Viewer

Callum Prentice callum at lindenlab.com
Wed Nov 7 14:01:59 PST 2007

> Actually in fact I am not getting any keyboard input, so that makes
> testing difficult. I'm testing in ubrowser ATM and that is passing keys
> on to LLMozLib but nothings happening

ISTR there were some keyboard issues on Linux but I'm afraid I don't have any details - perhaps in
this list's archive?

> I think Java/Flash etc are only missing as they are installed as plugins
> into the plugins folder of the profile. There should be no reason why
> this cannot be done.

Well, Flash plays (on Windows at least) if you put the plugin in the right place but mouse &
keyboard doesn't work. I've spent a considerable amount of time trying to beat it into shape with
only a limited amount of success. AFAICT, it requires a lot of changes to the Mozilla code.

Java doesn't work at all for me.

> I've synced up to the latest version that's packaged with Debian
> Unstable, so that *should* be recent. Its reporting in SL as
> "LLMozLib Version: 1.1.0 (Mozilla GRE:1.8.1.9_0000000000)"

Yeah - that's the latest version - Gecko 1.8.1.9 == FF 2.0.0.9

> I notice that xulrunner is avaiable on windows too so that might be a
> better way to distribute the xpcom and friends libraries?

There are some changes we make to the Mozilla code before it's built (available via a patch) so
linking against a local version may build but some things may fail. I'm a bit surprised anything
appears on the screen for example since ISTR making some changes in the Mozilla code that renders to
a buffer. I'll take a look.

--Cal