[sldev] [VWR] What about Dillo

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 10:01:04 PDT 2007

On 02-Nov-2007, at 06:40, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Funny, no one worries about these "privacy issues" on the Web.

Yeh, they do. That's why cookies are restricted to domains, and why
most browsers have additional options to limit cookie fetches and
accept cookies only from the server you're looking at.

> I can
> embed arbitrary images all over my LiveJournal and OH NOHS YOUR
> COMPUTAR
> IS BROADCASTING AN IP!

That's because your computer isn't also broadcasting a universal
cookie that makes it pretty much trivial to tie together your IP
address with a persistent online identity that's nobody's business
but Linden Labs'.

> Also, please, for the love of god, do not drag Flash into Second Life.

This, I endorse.

> Unless you have plans of convincing Adobe to release source.

Not even then, unless you're also planning to let us use ECMAscript
instead of LSL on the sim. Ein Volk, Eine Sprache.