[sldev] Expat patchwork - why?

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Mon Mar 26 19:47:48 PDT 2007

Hello,

As I have rummaged through the included libraries and to recompile them
individually, I haven't been able to find the reason why Expat is
included as it is as a seperate source from APR or XMLRPC-EPI and
likewise. Specifically, I can't easily find the reason why there is a
need to replace expat in APR. Is this step really needed?

Can anybody direct me to the reason why? Is there a specific dependency?
Is there a feature that is only found in the separate Expat files?

I see under "compiling the libraries" under APR it says "move the XML
dependencies" but that doesn't explain anything to me for why or for
what reason it needs to be done.

Thanks you