[sldev] Re: How to move the avatar with finer, high precision increments?

Ettore Pasquini ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com
Thu Mar 22 12:33:44 PDT 2007

On 3/14/07 9:40 AM, "Argent Stonecutter" <secret.argent at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Analog control of the avatar is one of those "I'd really like to find
>> the time to implement that" projects of mine.
>
> It's actually easier to get fine-tuned control in LSL on
> the server than from the client.

How so? I never used LSL but it seems like you can set force vectors on an
object:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetForce

So I suppose if the avatar is wearing an object (s)he would also be moved?
It's kind of confusing, because here:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:LSL_Controls
it says "Avatar input keys (movement keys and mouseclicks) can be caught and
objects can be made to perform certain actions based on those keys, but you
cannot control an agent's movement with LSL." Who wins, the object script or
the agent?

Ps.
I am a total newbie to scripts: are they all executed on the server?