[sldev] Re: Texture caching, pipeline, memory

Thomas Rowland tom at cornish-pasty.com
Wed Mar 21 07:44:11 PDT 2007

(sorry - a rant)
I cut my teeth on 8-bit micros (most mobile phones are more powerful!).
Nowadays people appear to learn to develop on quad-core systems with 4gb
RAM, 512mb graphic cards, and 300gb hdds.
In some respects it is pointless to re-invent the wheel. My steam locomotive
does look rather silly with alloys though.
I remember when memory was important and a 'readable' data format with each
byte having its own 32 page description in braille, french, swahili, hebrew
and latin was unimportant.