[sldev] message_template.msg ordering and packing : attentionLLfolks

John Plevyak jplevyak at acm.org
Fri Mar 16 12:39:08 PDT 2007

Thanx Zero, if you are up in SF I owe you a beer (not to discuss
silly semantics issues either).  Your right about std::map of course,
the semantics demands key order iteration (which results in the standard
std::map implementation to use the more costly red-black tree instead
of a simple hash).

A couple questions I didn't see answered in the transcript:

Is there going to be a LLSD Schema file as well?
(could it be the same file as the binary format Schema with an
encoding annotation?)

Is the new binary descripion going to include desriptions
for things like ObjectData.Data in ImprovedTerseObjectUpdate?

Also, why use a string based API for the LLSD Message API
instead of, say enumerations?  Is this to support plugins or
is the overhead and possible typos just not issues?

If you want to wait 'till Tuesday we can chat then.

cheers,
john

John Bradley Plevyak, PhD,   jplevyak at acm.org,   PGP KeyID: 051130BD