[sldev] Packing alogrithm behind LAND_LAYER_CODE part of a LayerData message

Tleiades tleiades at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:46:45 PDT 2007

Hi

I've been trying to figure out the algorithm behind packing and decoding the LAND_LAYER_CODE part of a LayerData message. I'd like to get the broad picture of how that data is encoded, but I seem to get lost, not seeing the forest, because all the trees get in the way.

Is there someone who can provide me with an overall picture of the algorithm or point me to some url's explaining the algorithm?