Split off policy list from sldev? (Re: [sldev] Voice=Proprietary)

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Wed Mar 14 09:37:44 PDT 2007

On 3/14/07 5:08 AM, John Hurliman wrote:
> I think I signed up for the wrong mailing list. Is there a mailing
> list for people who discuss coding and development? I am not a lawyer
> or even a paralegal, I have no background in copyright law or contract
> law, and I have nothing to contribute to 99% of the traffic for
> "sldev". Not trying to downplay the importance of analyzing the
> sociopolitical impacts of Linden Labs choice of licensing terms, but I
> don't have time every day to sift through the traffic every day and
> find the odd person that is actually writing code.
I've created a JIRA task to discuss the possibility of creating a
slsource-policy list, or something like that:
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MISC-44

Please use that JIRA task for discussion about whether the list should
be split.

Also, whenever a thread veers off the topic described by the subject
line, please change the subject so that people can at least manually
filter what they read.

Thanks
Rob