[sldev] What source code release is stable?

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon Mar 12 17:40:04 PDT 2007

Okay, looking at the source download page, its a confusing mix of
Releases, Release Candidates, Betas and First looks.

I was following the First Look releases, as the new rendering pipeline
is required for OpenJPEG to be usable. But then the 20070305a release
snapshot turned up, with the new rendering code merged in, so I moved my
package to that release. But First Look clients are continuing to be
released, as well as a release candidate. What releases should I be
unleashing upon all Fedora users? What is the purpose of the First Look
client now that the rendering code has been merged?

I wish to stick to stable releases now that the new rendering code has
been merged. For now I'm sticking to 20070305a. Most importantly, does
this version have the VWR-200 payment bug? No one has been very clear on
which versions are and are not affected, and most people aren't building
their own clients from the source snapshots. :) I guess I can try and
test it myself on a test grid or something...