[sldev] git vs svn

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 17:05:47 PDT 2007

On 19-Jun-2007, at 18:36, dale at daleglass.net wrote:
> I would completely agree here, but IMO it's a strange way to decide.

It's social. People are more likely to actually work with the latest
code rather than snapshots if getting the latest code is easy. All
other things being equal, going for the widely supported platform
seems like a good idea. I have a habit of going for the technically
superior design and getting clotheslined because everyone's running
the other way, myself, so though I'm definitely more comfortable with
command line tools I thought it was worth considering hoi polloi.

Not saying that "all other things" ARE equal, now. I'm not familiar
at all with git, except by reputation, so I'll take your word for its
advantages.