[sldev] Progress report on VS 2005 Compile

Tleiades tleiades at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 13 01:54:28 PST 2007

Hi

Yesterday I had some significant progress on getting the viewer to compile on VS 2005. Unfortunately I had to leave early, because of the weekend.

I report here, so others may continue from where I left it.

You will need to have both VS 2003 and VS 2005 installed

I recompiled mozilla using VS 2003, i.e. make sure that the VCVARS.BAT executed is the 2003 version.

I got the llmozlib project from the uBrowser website, and compiled it using VS 2005.

I copied the resulting llmozlib.lib in to the libraries part of indira.

Compiled the viewer using VS2005, warning: There is a mismatch between the setbackgroundColor method in llMozLib.h, between the version comming of the uBrowser and the version in Indira (bool vs. void return, const int vs. int parameters)

Having fixed this, I got a clean compile and link. and managed to run the new SecondLife.exe. There were no crashes, but I never got a login prompt either :-(

I will continue my work on a VS 2005 compile when I get back from the weekend, but in the mean time, others might want to fiddle around as well.

/Tleiades