[sldev] OpenJPEG usuable now

Jason Giglio gigstaggart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 13:15:42 PST 2007

David Fries wrote:
> I'm a bit excited.
>
> I have some patches that I'm working on, but I was just able to fly a
> loop around a three region area just now with them and it seemed
> comparable to the binary client.  This is with OpenJPEG and the first

Good catch!  I think we should still pursue the other OpenJPEG
optimizations, but it sounds like you have solved a major part of it!

The way I understand it, since all of the CPU slack is taken up pushing
out frames, you may be able to compare framerates to determine relative
texture decoding performance.

Of course a full profile like bushing did would be the ideal.  Maybe you
could get with him on profiling your patches.  I think he said he has
some crazy setup that can compile in a few minutes, so it might not be
too hard for him. :P

-Jason