[sldev] Re: OS-SL Development Issues

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 16:58:07 PDT 2007

Callum Lerwick writes:
> On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 17:26 -0500, Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>> I want to use SL as my window manager, using the same technology as
>> the media texture but *entirely* local to my computer.

> Make SL use your window manager. If you have working compositing, you
> can get all the same transparency you get now.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm talking about having programs on my
computer running effectively inside SL. *all* the way inside SL. On
any surface that a media texture can be placed now. I can run
transparent windows in front of SL already. I *do* run transparent
windows in front of SL, on occasion. But they are not "in world".

This has nothing to do with SL widgets. This has to do with SL
objects. This has to do with SL being a 3d environment and using that
as my desktop.

> SL should draw its widgets with Cairo.

What is Cairo?