[sldev] Upcoming viewer releases?

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at lindenlab.com
Wed Aug 29 10:12:52 PDT 2007

Hamncheese wrote:

> 1) - Get rid of the "you don't have a signed contribution/legal
> agreement so we can't accept your fix" Maybe for features you could keep
> this, but drop it for bug fixes.

We already work this way for small patches, which constitute the
majority of what people send in.  For larger patches, our lawyers really
want signed agreements on file.

> 2) - Assign several developers whose primary job is to see that
> contributions are funneled through the system.

We already have several people who spend a considerable amount of time
on this: myself, Moss, and Soft.  We still have a few patches sitting
unconsumed after a long time, mostly because they're complicated and
tricky, but all new patches get looked at within a matter of days now,
and many are applied quickly.

	<b