[sldev] Re: New Viewer Shell Proposal

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:36:23 PDT 2007

> Its ironic that you want a GAME (or virtual world) to look like the
> host
> OS. IIRC, Apple's human interface guidelines always made a specific
> exemption for games interfaces because the need to present an
> interface
> consistent with the game overrode the CHI guideline of presenting an
> interface consistent with the rest of the system.

The parts of the game that we're talking about are not game
components, they are building tools, instant message tools, and the
like. We're not talking about replacing the game controls (like the
chat bar and button bar) with native controls. We're talking about
your inventory, the editors, chat windows, and other meta-VR controls.