[sldev] VWR-333 and VWR-1944 missing gesture problem

Hamncheese me at hamncheeseomlet.com
Sat Aug 4 19:58:48 PDT 2007

All, If you are interested in the missing gesture problem, I've attached a tested patch to VWR-333 and there are some technical details in VWR-333 that explains the problem. 15 second synopsis is that if the gesture is activated when you edit it, you end up with what I'm calling mismatched or orphaned asset ids. An update is sent via caps for the save and then another update is sent via the legacy updater for the activation. The inventory item is left with an orphaned asset id.

Let me know if you have any questions about the patch. Also I'm not sure how to accomplish removing the bad asset in the database and I'm guess that LL has to do that. If my assumption is bad, let me know.

thanks,

Ham