SLDev Workgroup Forum (was Re: [sldev] Request for comment...)

Morse Dillon morse at morsedillon.com
Wed Apr 4 14:38:40 PDT 2007

Rob Lanphier wrote:
> I think using the sldev mailing list is fine as long as things stay
> within scope, and I think everything this group does should be in
> scope.  I'm happy to request a new forum at
> http://forums.secondlife.com/ if there's a good reason to have it.
> Other than as a place for spillover of overheated discussions (which may
> be reason enough), is there any other reason to have a forum distinct
> from the mailing list?  If so, what would the scope of the new forum?

I think it's important to remember the dangers of creating /too many/
communication methods.  It's easy to wind up with several disjoint
conversations running all over the place, and a situation where the left
hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  Gobs of open-source
projects have been run on a mailing list alone, and I certainly wouldn't
do more than mailing list + wiki.  This is a good example of where KISS
applies.
-M