[sl-ux] spam?

Lex Neva slux at lexneva.name
Sat Jul 19 10:16:56 PDT 2008

FYI folks, I've _already_ received spam at the address I created specifically to
post on this list.  If I had to guess why, I'd say it's because the archives for
the list are accessible at http://lists.secondlife.com/ without even
subscribing.  They're obfuscated with " at " instead of "@", but that's trivial
for spammers to work around.

Is there any way LL can take some antispam measures?  One would be to limit
access to the archives, and another, if mailman supports it, would be to hide
senders' email addresses in messages sent to the list.  That way, if someone
gets hit by spyware, it can't get at everyone's email address.