[slscripters] Problem with SL http_response errors

AnnMarie at SLFBI.com AnnMarie at SLFBI.com
Wed Oct 5 23:26:05 PDT 2011

I'm plagued with an http_response error 500 problem, "internal server
error", with my vehicles that seems to be getting worse.  The problem
first showed about 6 months ago and is now getting critical.
Error frequency seems to be independent of how many vehicles I'm
running. (Not database server congestion).
It seems to get worse in the evenings and hardly occurs off peak hours
.  (Internet traffic related??)
It  runs in batches lasting from 10 minutes to an hour, then goes away
for a while.
A batch of errors will come in from random vehicles distributed all over
SL and all start getting failures at the same time.
The http cap limit should not be a problem.  Only 1 or fewer requests
per sim per minute.
On first or second  http time-out I wait a minute and re-submit.
On a third failure I shut the vehicle down.

It is so bad tonight I'm down to only 25 vehicles running, each making
an http access once every minute or two and I'm still getting many
re-tries yet earlier I was running over 125 with no problems.

***HOWEVER**  tonight I wrote a test program running outside SL
accessing the same database once every 10 seconds and it is not getting
any errors after running a couple of hours.*
Previously I've assumed the error 500 "internal server error" was
originating from my data base but with tonight's test I'm wondering if
the Second Life http handlers could be introducing the problem.

Question.
Can the error 500 be originating in SL or must it be coming from my
database server?
If they are being generated in the SL http interface, any suggestions?
Has anyone else been seeing this problem?

AnnMarie Otoole