llOwnerSay appends (?) sometimes

Jack Abraham jack.abraham at me.com
Wed Mar 10 09:30:00 PST 2010

On Mar 10, 2010, at 12:25 PM, toylin at gmx.net wrote:

> llOwnerSay() script-output for developers...treat this statement as the script itself talks to you, to the developer, and not to users using the object which gives feedback in foreign languages.

I use llOwnerSay for messages I want to go to the item's owner and only the owner; I don't use it just for debugging.  So I can see why it would be desirable to have it translated.  (As an example, I have an attachable channel scanner that talks only to the person wearing it; it appears in-world as an earbud.)

--
Jack Abraham A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
jack.abraham Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?