Creating a PHP object that communicates with prims

AnnMarie at SLFBI.com AnnMarie at SLFBI.com
Thu Aug 19 12:09:03 PDT 2010

  I have been doing a simple form of that for some time.  Objects send
live data to my data base.  When the data base receives updated
information it creates a new web page with as many characters and
graphics as needed.

The media URL on my sim is set to the web page. (Actually various
scripts can change which web page is to be displayed).

Displays throughout my sim have a generic texture that says "ENABLE
MEDIA TO READ THIS DISPLAY" which gets replaced with the current web
page.  A timer recycles the URL to refresh for updates.

Although not currently implemented this can allow viewers to select web
pages to be displayed by clicking on a menu.

Downsides are all must display the same page.  Viewers must enable Media.

AnnMarie Otoole