llSetScriptState timings

Pentasis pentasis at lavabit.com
Thu Aug 5 04:03:24 PDT 2010

Has anyone any data or done tests with llSetScriptState which determines
how fast a script is set back to running state?

The reason I am asking is because I am making a product that has some
scripts in them which cannot be combined and are very specialized in
what they do. However they don't need to run all the time because of
that specialization.
So I was thinking I could set them running prior to having to use them
and then stop them again afterwards.
After setting a script to running I just wait until I runs (determine
that with llGetScriptState). But I was wondering how much time this
takes on average. And would it really help to keep lag down? Or would
turning scripts off and on again and poll to see if they are running add
more problems then it would solve?

Pentasis Adamczyk